Thursday, August 11, 2005

Barcelona here we come!!

Well good news and great news. Jen my good pal won Luton £200 freezeout in their festival and brought home £5500 top stuff. Then Eugene says to me, VC in 4 mins theres a grand final to Heads Up Championship at Barcelona $54 rebuy event. I said to him, what the hell i'll give it a go. Topped up str8 away but didn't take the add on as had 8k in chips thought if I win it, it will be from what I have.

Got onto final table with 20k which was low but not at the bottom and doubled after about an hour. It took 1hours 20mins b4 anybody was knocked out. My old friend "MTaylor" from the European Championships at the Vic satellite was on the final table too, as I knocked him out last time he said he was getting dejavu. I end up 5 handed with 80k in chips. Tried to knock out donkong or something his name was but he ended up outdrawing me twice. Another 2 casualties hit the dust and we're 3 handed and everybody has 75k

Chips passing back and forth, I get down to 52k blinds are 2k/4k now then donkong decides to take on mtaylor and mtaylor wins, to get it heads up. He has 150k I have 75k. I find qq he raises as I was big blind, I reraise he puts me all in I call and my qq stands up to his AQ.
Roles reversed I then blind stead a few times. Raise preflop he calls. Flop is low, I bet he folds
and then eventually the last hand I get A2, he has 57 I raise preflop quite heafty, he calls, flop is 2 5 8, I put him all in thinking i'm ahead. oops he hit his 5, turn is my ace phew river blank
WOOHOO me and Euge are off to Barcelona for the Heads Up Championships in September
come on.............. bit of sun will do us good :)

oh and won $150 playing omaha hi/lo

No comments: