Saturday, September 03, 2005

Friday a better day

TFI Friday lol

had a great cash session on VC yesterday. Found a table with 3 crap players on it and 3 players I played with before on it. Declan was having 30mins nap and Eugene was in bed so hit the cash game and ended up $572 so not too bad :) about time for a winning session and definately made up for yesterdays pathetic effort at Gutshot WSOP

Our home game followed by Eugene again not being able to sadly engage brain and tell me people who put their name down on the list and for the freezeout aswell which is always full so ended up with 20 players which for our house is a bit of a nightmare, but to be honest, it actually wasn't too bad.

I was dealing on the main table which I love doing, made a few dodgy calls but if i'm being honest, the first one, I didn't put Jen on a good hand so for me to raise all in is not that bad

Took Patrick out with overcards on final table. Albert was small blind for 3000 and Patrick big blind for 6000, I raise to 16000 and bearing in mind Albert has only got 6000 more chips. Dave folds, Albert folds and Patrick goes all in for about another 8k which I have to call as getting about 3-1 I have KQ and Patrick has 99 and a king flops which takes me Dave and Albert intothe money. Albert is all in next hand. I decide to flat call and Dave flat calls also and gets checked down, I hit nut flush, although couldn't really bet as a dry pot aswell and so Albert is out 3rd

Me and Dave heads up. I engage brain into tight agressive and find 56 unsuited. Dave raises minimum. Flop comes down 78A. I check , Dave bets I flat call. Turn is a club, so now 3 clubs out there and i've got openended str8 draw aswell, Dave pushes all in, and I call with flush draw and open end str8 draw and river comes a 9 to give me str8. Dave had two pairs A8
I take 3 points on the Slough Palace Freezeout league which are very much needed. Dave 2 points and Albert 1 point. So now I think theres about 3-4 leaders all with 3 points

Cash game to follow and had a giggle. Was good to see Rob (blondeite) join us for the game. also had a few newer faces . Patrick hit a monster hand early in the cash game and wiped about 4 people out of the game. Eugene had trips. Rob had two pair , notsure what DavidG or John had but Patrick had nut flush draw and open end str8 draw. It turns out that Patrick hit a 1 outer to hit nut flush as only 1 flush card left. Lucky boy lol pot was over £170

Not quite sure how I won but I cashed out for £184. I remember hitting flush in holdem against Patricks trips and think that was about £70, and then had KK double suitedin omaha and DavidG raising pot twice. Euge thought David had aces but had 789J in his hand or similar and when board pairs my KK is good phew thats a big pot

Only 6 days to Barcelona can't wait. My game in on form, just need to play my A-game and not make daft mistakes

No comments: